Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Outdated Post: East 8




After i tried east 8 during the restaurant week 2013, i fall in love with their foods. I highly recommend my friends to go there. So during my Xmas gathering with pri sch friends, we went there!

I made reservation before going as i was afraid they might be full. Apparently, seems like not much people go there for dinner. I believe it is because they serve tapas - when u heard tapas (yes the food portions are small). Around 8+, the crowd starts coming.

We ordered quite a few dishes, like 60% of the menu. hehe.

Complimentary of cocktails for each pax. Yellow Cap. 

Oysters! The oysters are so fresh that i dont need any tabasco or lemon. We ordered a dozen of it!

Hamachi - 1 of my fav! Must order! We ordered 2 too! 

Yuzu Soy beef - this is good as well! 

Pork Cheek. This is normal, but if you like pork cheek you can order it. It melts in your mouth! 

Prawn Paste Crispy Chicken - i dont find this special. If to compare, i'd prefer ice cold beer chicken wings. :)). 

My top fav of the night! Chilean Seabass! You must really try this, esp eating the seabass with the sauce. Im missing this now. :( 

Mussels in sake broth. You can taste the sake broth in every mussel, plus the mussels are well cooked! Other than the New Harbour Cafe beer broth clams, this is the best i tried!

Chicken Wings! At 1st bite im like nothing special, as i continue eating the flavour comes out... I like the combination of lime and chilli. I dont mind to eat this again! 

Wedges - Normal. 

Sake Sangria - cannot really taste the alcohol. hahahaha. 

Dessert time!
Chocolate Pot

Banana Fritters 
Actually the dessert is normal. :). But try eating the chocolate pot together with the banana. You wont go wrong with chocolate and banana right?! My pri sch friend likes it! hehehe. 


We like the foods! But i will go there after dinner the next time because i have pretty huge appetite. hahahhaha! I am aiming the hokkaido scallops next. hehe. 


East-8 
10 Coleman Street 
#01-21/22 Grand Park Hotel City Hall
S179809
Tel: 63388289
Website: http://east-8.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment